Hot Chocolate! Who doesn’t love that beverage? The soothing aroma will take the ‘umm’ out of your mouth and make you want to close your eyes. But hey, going to the café all the time can give you a hard time.
Well, you can prepare a hot chocolate if you have the best espresso machine, though. Don’t know how to make hot chocolate with an espresso machine? It seems you should take a look at this write-up.
We’ll tell you all the things you need to do the math. So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
How to Make Hot Chocolate with an Espresso Machine?
Making hot chocolate with an espresso machine is pretty simple. Just follow the steps below, and you’ll know what to do.
In order to make a cup of sweet and tasty hot chocolate, it’s essential to gather some of the necessary ingredients; these are:
- Espresso machine
- Cocoa powder or chocolate-covered espresso beans
- A mug
- Milk jug
The Method of Preparing Hot Chocolate with an Espresso Machine
After collecting all the necessary ingredients you need, make sure to move on to the process of preparing hot chocolate with an espresso machine.
Let’s get started!
- First things first, you should pour around 250-300 ml of the fresh hot milk into the milk jug.
- Include 20-25 grams of cocoa powder or chocolate flakes in the jug.
- Mix it up through a steam wand.
- Wait until you see a layer of foam on the top of the drink.
- For transforming the hot chocolate drink into a Moka, ensure to include double shots of espresso grounds.
- Stir the drink after adding a certain amount of espresso. Once you make a better mixture, pour it into your mug and have your delicious hot chocolate drink!
See, there is no need to be a professional barista to make the job done since the entire procedure was a snap!
The Items an Espresso Machine Can Make
An espresso machine is a piece of super-duper equipment designed for making a variety of drinks. Alongside the hot chocolate, you can also prepare cappuccino, latte, americano, macchiato, lungo, and ristretto.
Can We Make Hot Chocolate Without An Espresso Machine?
Of Course, there are some alternative ways of preparing hot chocolate without using an espresso machine. In that case, the first work is to get an average-sized pan; then you should add some milk to heat it up.
After it gets hot, you can add some cocoa powder or hot chocolate flakes and mix it up thoroughly with a piece of spoon or mixture.
Here is another technique to prepare. If you have a microwave oven and a blender, then the whole process will take just around 5 minutes or so. You should pour some milk into a cup (approximately 150ml), and place it inside your microwave oven so that it gets hot enough.
After waiting for 2 minutes, make sure to remove it from the oven and pour the milk inside of the blender. Add 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, blend it up, and voila! You have prepared your desired hot chocolate within a short period of time!
Types of the Best Hot Chocolates
The current market has packed so many options when it comes to hot chocolates. Before buying, it’s essential to consider the types you are using to make a hot chocolate drink.
Our suggestion is to pick the roasted, ground cocoa powder to make hot chocolate. However, it is okay to pick any of them from the market if you have a coffee machine for steaming the mixture.
What Should I Use to Grind the Cocoa Powder?
It’s always better to use a specific blade grinder to grind the cocoa powder in the best way possible. With this efficient machine, anyone can transform the shape of cocoa powder from coarse to fine, which is impressive!
Best Espresso Machines for Hot Chocolate
The espresso machine works pretty well when it comes to serving a full cup of thick and yummy hot chocolate. But honestly, all the products around the market are not that efficient; you should pick the top-notch models, let’s say the Mr. Coffee Cafe, which is one of the leading models out there in the current market.
You can also choose the Keurig K-Cafe, which is, hands down, is one of the best options for making a latte, cappuccino, or even hot chocolate!
A Few Health Benefits of Having Hot Chocolate
Do you think having a cup of hot chocolate is just about getting a tasteful drink? Wrong, because you can get plenty of health benefits by having hot chocolate. Such as:
- According to a recent study in the United Kingdom, milk filled with cocoa can keep the RISK OF STROKES at bay! Chocolates are loaded with lots of antioxidants to protect your heart against major and minor strokes.
- Not just for your heart, hot cocoa can decrease the possibility of type 2 diabetes.
- Dark chocolate is efficient for your brain health.
- Dark chocolates are responsible for slowing your digestion system down. In that case, it creates a fullness. And guess what? A full cup of hot chocolate is an ideal drink for fat-busting.
- According to a study of Cornell University, cocoa powder equips a certain amount of antioxidants to protect you against cancer!
Nothing can beat the flavor of a cup of hot chocolate! It smells nice, and tastes way too better, which is why both adults and kids like to have it. So after reading our article on how to make hot chocolate with an espresso machine, we hope you will be capable of making it all by yourself! Now, it’s your turn mate!
Related Article: How to Make French Vanilla Cappuccino with Espresso Machine